3 Homemade Dog Treats Perfect For Halloween
No Trick, All Treat!
Pumpkin + Peanut Butter Skeleton Bones
What You'll need:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients together to form a dough
3. Roll out dough on a floured work surface
4. Use a bone shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes
Recipe: Desserts with Benefits
Frozen Candy Corn Treats
What You'll Need:
1-2 Small bananas
1 cup plain yogurt
½ cup canned pumpkin
Silicone ice cube tray
1. Fill ice cube 1/3 full with plain yogurt, then place molds in the freezer. Freeze for 1-2 hours, or until yogurt is set.
2. In a small bowl or glass, mix together 1/2 cup yogurt with canned pumpkin. Stir until combined, then pour over frozen yogurt in ice cube molds, making sure to leave space at the top for third layer.
3.Return to freezer for another 1-2 hours, or until set.
4.Mash banana(s) in a small bowl and stir in any remaining yogurt, then pour over frozen pumpkin layer in mold.
5.Freeze until set.
6.Pop treats out and serve as needed.
Recipe: 12 Tomatoes
Ghoulish Chicken and Biscuits
What You'll Need:
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (see note)
2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
1 5.3-ounce container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup water
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until thoroughly incorporated. Batter will be very thick and sticky.
3. Drop batter by level tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. (Because these dog biscuits spread very little during baking, I crowd them together more than typical cookies, and get all of them onto 2 baking sheets.) Using the back of a spoon, flatten the dog treats slightly.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
5. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in refrigerator or (for longer storage) in zippered freezer bags in freezer (thaw before serving).
Recipe: Two Healthy Kitchens
Just remember, no chocolate! Make sure this Halloween is all treats and no tricks for your furry friend. Make a few of these treats and we're sure Spike will thank you for being the most spooktacular owner on the block. And bonus points if you sign them up for a Goodboy supplement subscription too!
Happy Halloween! 🎃 🎃 🎃